Welcome to FoCo Motorsports Forum. Please login or register.
Welcome to FoCo Motorsports Forum. Please login or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoCo Motorsports

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help me decide on a new car for spring

Go down 
AuthorMessage
1sloDC2
Forum Creeper
Forum Creeper
1sloDC2

Help me decide on a new car for spring Empty
PostSubject: Help me decide on a new car for spring   Help me decide on a new car for spring Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Ok so I've decided to rock the four door for winter. I'd rather save up and not have to pay ins on something thats just going to sit and be a garage queen. So I've decided on a few vehicles but shoot me your opinions.

Subaru WRX:
No, I don't want an STi. Too much asking price since everyone wants an arm and a leg for one, so I've chosen wrx. I can find a few of them, but I'm not wanting to spend more than 12k on one. It'll be easy to make power with bolt-ons. However, I've always been anti-subaru as to most people I know who own one are douches. So this car gets the maybe stamp

06 and up Civic Si Coupe/Sedan
This car has always tickled my interest ever since it came out. Has the capability to run 13s in stock form (powershift!) and make decent power with bolt ons. I'd rather have the sedan in this version as I'm tired of tiny two door coupes. Plus being a honda it's going to last me a long time. Hell my 92 civic has been through 19 years and still just ticks right along. Honestly if someone would have just taken care of it and washed the salt of about every week during the winter I'm sure it'd be cherry to this day. I figure do small bolt-on's and suspension work and have a fun autocross car. Maybe a little bit of the giggle gas as my nitrous kit needs put to use. I can def rock this car during the winter and be good to go so I'd only need one vehicle.

05 and up RSX
I've always wanted an rsx, especially taffeta white. These cars with just a drop and wheels look sexy the way it is. However I wouldn't drive it in winter but I'd still have 'ol reliable. Bolt'-ons and a tune and these cars get down. The k20 has been known to take to boost very well, and I could honestly see myself doing an rsx buildup as I do have a soft spot for hondas still.

98-up integra
Yea, it's a little bit older but who cars. I love the smell of older cars. Only problem with these is that since any jackass can afford one they are normally beat on. I've found two clean low mileage cars and they still sell for 7k easily. I wouldn't look for a gsr car as I plan on boosting the car so higher compression is a no go. Plus suspension work will make the car a capable handling machine.

Another DSM
For some reason I cannot seem to get away from these cars. I don't know what it is, but they keep luring me back. This time, it will be a 2g for sure. 1st gens are getting hard to find clean and people ask wayy to much for them. Plus being on the road for 20+years takes a toll on a car

These are a few that are comming to mind for me at the moment. Nothing too special, just fun cars.

Back to top Go down

Help me decide on a new car for spring
Page 1 of 1