Welcome to FoCo Motorsports Forum. Please login or register.
Welcome to FoCo Motorsports Forum. Please login or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoCo Motorsports

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tail of the Dragon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
slurpie822
Postaholic
Postaholic
slurpie822

Tail of the Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Tail of the Dragon   Tail of the Dragon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Topic for Tail of the Dragon... Figured we need a place to put information for the trip and a way to talk about it. If someone can post information I'll put it into this first post and also put a list of who is going.

Going:
Sam (still maybe, but high possibility)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/slurpie
yacob06
Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member
yacob06

Tail of the Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail of the Dragon   Tail of the Dragon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:29 pm

Are you wanting to go during a meet or just us drive down there sometime? There are a lot of different car groups that meet down there throughout the year.
Back to top Go down
https://focomotorsports.forummotion.com
slurpie822
Postaholic
Postaholic
slurpie822

Tail of the Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail of the Dragon   Tail of the Dragon Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:26 am

yacob06 wrote:
Are you wanting to go during a meet or just us drive down there sometime? There are a lot of different car groups that meet down there throughout the year.

I'm down for either, I just want to go to experience the road and that area. From what I remember, Nick mentioned driving down on a weekend in May, either the last or second to last; I just can't remember which one he said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/slurpie
yacob06
Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member
yacob06

Tail of the Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail of the Dragon   Tail of the Dragon Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:37 am

He's talking about the mitsu meet though. I guess it really wouldn't matter.
Back to top Go down
https://focomotorsports.forummotion.com
1sloDC2
Forum Creeper
Forum Creeper
1sloDC2

Tail of the Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail of the Dragon   Tail of the Dragon Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:14 pm

I'm down for the trip. But I'd rather avoid the tennessee side. State boys are assholes there.
Back to top Go down
mitsulover
Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member
mitsulover

Tail of the Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail of the Dragon   Tail of the Dragon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:19 pm

UPDATE!!!!!!!

So, i have to get a hold of the great lakes region administrator for club3g but if everything goes the way it went last year the event will be on memorial day weekend. the actual meet and drive will take place on saturday and whatever on thursday, friday, sunday and monday. i plan on going just once this year and going for the mitsu meet due to lack of vacation days and money, ill be lucky to go this year but i def will not miss another one. i dont plan on staying there for 5 days but thats def something we can talk about. also, i need to know what peoples plans are as in do you want to all stay together and rent a cabin or do we want to stay in a hotel together downtown where all the action is? personally ive only stayed in the cabins and once in knoxville and they are nice but i kind of want to stay in a hotel downtown. that can get pretty pricey though. last year 23 cars met in my club. they werent all eclipses and they werent all mitsubishis and the club doesnt really care what you drive, they just want to have fun with the event. and to maynard i dont really know what you mean about the tennessee side, we have to go to the carolina side to get to the dragon, as far as i know, they still have part of the dragon closed due to construction but the main 11 miles is still open. we just have to go the long way around to get to it. we can also talk about how long we would like to stay. here was the beginning of last years thread on club3g.

Special_K
N my Flippy Floppies

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT PP

Mitsu's Take On the Dragon 2010 National Meet **Interest Thread**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With B2NX over and past us, I have talked with several people about the idea of having a National Meet down in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area in 2010. The weekend would be over the Memorial Day Holiday weekend and consist of a trip over to The Tail of the Dragon (Hwy 129), a drive on the Blue Ridge Skyway, drinking, cruising, hanging out and hiking (if interested). I was also planning on some type of car show or cookout in the Great Smokey Mountains.

Meet:
Mitsu's Take On the Dragon (MTOD '10)

Tentative Date:
May 28-31, 2010

Links to look at:
Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC
Welcome to the Blue Ridge Parkway
Gatlinburg, TN - Gatlinburg Tennessee - Official Site, Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce
Pigeon Forge Family Vacation Destination Guide ? Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Great Smoky Mountains National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

like i said i will get a hold of the administrator to see when they are thinking of haveing the mtotd this year and if you guys need anymore info get a hold of me on my cell
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=47210031
mitsulover
Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member
mitsulover

Tail of the Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail of the Dragon   Tail of the Dragon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:25 pm

also as of right now i do have a list of people that i think are still very interested in going but i do need a def list:

Jake+1
Me+1
Jeremy+1
Jacob
Sam
Jordan

and I will be starting an official TOTD thread, soon just be patient and you need to let me know who all is planning to attend and if you will be having any guests so i can either plan for a cabin or hotel so let me know if you need added to the list and how many guests
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=47210031
Sponsored content

Tail of the Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail of the Dragon   Tail of the Dragon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tail of the Dragon
Page 1 of 1