Welcome to FoCo Motorsports Forum. Please login or register.
Welcome to FoCo Motorsports Forum. Please login or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoCo Motorsports

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those who didn't make it to the meeting.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yacob06
Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member
yacob06

For those who didn't make it to the meeting. Empty
PostSubject: For those who didn't make it to the meeting.   For those who didn't make it to the meeting. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:47 pm

I want to thank everyone that made it to our meeting yesterday. We went over a few things that I felt were important with the group. For those of you who didn't make it, here is what we went over.

1. Name Change

We have to change our group name due to legal issues. There is already a Fountain Motorsports located in Florida. I asked for a couple suggestions from the guys for a new name and I got two suggestions.

Shocker Motorsports - the idea behind it is that we shock people basically, whether it be with the looks of our cars or the shocking performance that they didn't expect. Logo could be a shocker symbol or a lightning bolt type.

Slick Motorsports - this name can have multiple meanings really. First thought was using the word slick as in how clean our cars look. We aren't necessarily fast but we look slick. Also can think about slick as in actual slicks with fast cars since some of our cars are relatively quick. "Slick" could be spelled multiple ways as well. Slick, Slik, Slic, Slyck, Slyk, Sliq.

2. Professionalism

At our events and other events we attend as a group, we obviously want to have fun. We have to mindful of the fine line between having fun and being reckless. I understand that being reckless can be fun but when we are at an event or traveling as a group to an event, we don't want to attract negative attention to ourselves.

I've never said anything before about before, but I felt like I needed to because I was approached at the Indyrpm Dyno Day by the Indyrpm leader about POSSIBLY one of our guys messing around outside, being reckless, which caused the cops to show up.

Everyone does it, including myself from time to time. I just ask that you be mindful and try not to bring a bad name to our group.

3. Future Events

We have been lacking in meets, get togethers, and events for a while now. I take the blame for that because I should have be trying to help our group out more. Here very shortly, we will be having more events. I'd like to start having two to three events a month just to get everyone together to have some fun. I understand that everyone has their own work schedules and agendas but I'm hoping that we will start building on bigger turn outs to events.

I'm in the process of setting up a bigger spring event to really kick off the summer. As we get closer to spring, I'll give you more details.

That is really all we talked about at the meeting. I really need some more group name suggestions so we can decide on a new name soon. Please reply with any opinions, name suggestions, or anything you feel needs to be said.
Back to top Go down
https://focomotorsports.forummotion.com

For those who didn't make it to the meeting.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Members Area :: The Garage-
Jump to: