Welcome to FoCo Motorsports Forum. Please login or register.
Welcome to FoCo Motorsports Forum. Please login or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoCo Motorsports

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thomas' first race in the new car

Go down 
+4
1sloDC2
Bullet
slurpie822
yacob06
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yacob06
Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member
yacob06

Thomas' first race in the new car Empty
PostSubject: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:31 am

I'm hoping that the video gets added to this thread so you all can see and hear what happened.

A group of us were hanging out last night and Thomas took up an offer to race a ricer mazda mx6. They head out to 341 north of Hillsboro to race. Three honks and they're off. Thomas is in the lead and pulling away when his car start making some crazy noises. It initially sounded like a spun rod bearing. They tow the car back to jeremy's house and begin diagnosing what happened. This is where I meet up with everyone. We pop the hood and start the car to hear the noise again. Turns out the knock that was heard wasn't really a knock at all. It was air escaping from somewhere. Turns out that in the middle of the race, thomas literally blew out one of his spark plugs. The white part completely separated from the metal part with the threads. The metal part was still threaded into the motor. We swapped in a new spark plug and everything was good as new. Thomas was still pissed though. Everyone had a good laugh at the whole situation.
Back to top Go down
https://focomotorsports.forummotion.com
slurpie822
Postaholic
Postaholic
slurpie822

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Damn! talk about a scare..
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/slurpie
Bullet
Attention Seeker
Attention Seeker
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:27 pm

I still won.
Back to top Go down
1sloDC2
Forum Creeper
Forum Creeper
1sloDC2

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Haha thats epic.
Back to top Go down
AlpineAndy
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
AlpineAndy

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:03 pm

Where's the video? I have got to see and hear it again. Thomas gets out of his car after doing his burnout to make sure he still has tire left. lol!
Back to top Go down
Bullet
Attention Seeker
Attention Seeker
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:05 pm

No I got out to ask nick a question.
Back to top Go down
AlpineAndy
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
AlpineAndy

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:19 pm

I stll say that you should have raced him again after you got the car fixed.
Back to top Go down
Bullet
Attention Seeker
Attention Seeker
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Trannyfluid leak and shitty plugs. I'm ordering stage 2 cams this weekend hopefully.
Back to top Go down
AlpineAndy
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
AlpineAndy

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:33 pm

When are you coming back? I might have a little something on the lexus when you get back.
Back to top Go down
Bullet
Attention Seeker
Attention Seeker
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Idk yet.
Back to top Go down
mitsulover
Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member
mitsulover

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:37 pm

i cant wait to see this lexus in action, would you be able to take on a 350z with this beast?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=47210031
AlpineAndy
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
AlpineAndy

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:42 pm

It can't handle a 350Z at the moment, maybe in the future.
Back to top Go down
yacob06
Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member
yacob06

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:38 pm

6 speed and some nitrous would help Smile
Back to top Go down
mitsulover
Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member
mitsulover

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:46 pm

hopefully you start modding soon
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=47210031
yacob06
Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member
yacob06

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm very interested to see if he does. He doesn't seem like the engine modding type. More like the cruiser.
Back to top Go down
1sloDC2
Forum Creeper
Forum Creeper
1sloDC2

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Bullet wrote:
Trannyfluid leak and shitty plugs. I'm ordering stage 2 cams this weekend hopefully.

cam singular. Also don't forget new valvesprings and retainers and maybe order 1.7 roller rockers otherwise you're going to float a valve easily with the added duration and lift.

What lexus are we talking? IS300 I hope?
Back to top Go down
Bullet
Attention Seeker
Attention Seeker
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Thanks Maynard. And sc300 no is.
Back to top Go down
1sloDC2
Forum Creeper
Forum Creeper
1sloDC2

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Bullet wrote:

so its an sc300? Boost that slut!
Back to top Go down
Swead
Attention Seeker
Attention Seeker

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:48 pm

He won't post the video because u can see how bad he got beat by. He says he won but he was only ahead at the begining then the kid flew by him before the 1/4 mile was up because of engine problems. It's ok to admit it. There is no shame in losing a race when something happend to ur car like me I spanked u the first time but the second I tacked out first and u won. U deff wouldn't of won if I didn't do that but I did so that's all I can say just like that's all u can say about ur race.
Back to top Go down
AlpineAndy
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
AlpineAndy

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:30 am

Swead wrote:
He won't post the video because u can see how bad he got beat by. He says he won but he was only ahead at the begining then the kid flew by him before the 1/4 mile was up because of engine problems. It's ok to admit it. There is no shame in losing a race when something happend to ur car like me I spanked u the first time but the second I tacked out first and u won. U deff wouldn't of won if I didn't do that but I did so that's all I can say just like that's all u can say about ur race.

I would blame the guy that purchased, installed, and didn't gap the spark plugs if I was him. scratch
Back to top Go down
AlpineAndy
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
AlpineAndy

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:16 am

1slo350z wrote:
Bullet wrote:

so its an sc300? Boost that slut!

It's actually an SC400, V8 model, and that may be in the not so distant future. I am trying to fix it up/restore it but there is nothing wrong with trying to make it better than before.
Back to top Go down
celicatilldeath
Postaholic
Postaholic

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 am

i think you should do a 2jz swap in that lexus
Back to top Go down
AlpineAndy
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly
AlpineAndy

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:32 am

That's another option that I have been thinking, the primary thing is just get anything broke fixed and get the paint fixed, and exhaust cause I really miss that. Then I will start thinking a little bit more about performance. I want to get it looking nice so I can take it to Hot Imports Night some time.
Back to top Go down
celicatilldeath
Postaholic
Postaholic

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:37 am

you just going to paint it the same color?
what all is wrong with it?
Back to top Go down
yacob06
Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member
yacob06

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:01 pm

Swead wrote:

Harsh words. Tone it down a bit man. This is a friendly place. Not a place to try and humiliate people, especially when its your family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' first race in the new car   Thomas' first race in the new car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas' first race in the new car
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next